Get To Know The Market Before You Advertise Your Own Rental Property in Sydney
- How should I prepare to advertise my own rental property?
- What is the weekly rent for similar properties in Sydney?
- What are some quick facts I should know before renting my property in Sydney?
- Can private landlords advertise on realestate.com.au without an agent?
How do I advertise my rental property?
When preparing to rent out your own property, it is important to familiarise yourself with similar rental properties in your area. Sydney is a large geographic area and the property market can seem complex, so we have provided the tools that will help you understand the rental landscape in specific suburbs.
What Is The Weekly Rent For Similar Properties In Your Suburb?
Be armed with the right tools to find and manage tenants. Maximise your rental market knowledge with a listing report. You can use the report to find out:
- Average weekly rent (and maximum and minimum rent) for a property of this type by suburb
- The difference in rent payable for this property type compared to 12 months ago
- Average time between application date and preferred tenancy for this property type
- Recent comparative rentals and applications by property type
Sydney Property Fast Facts:
There were 4,823,991 people in Greater Sydney as at the last census date in 2016, and here are the key figures to know:
- 49.3% were male and 50.7% were female
- The median weekly personal income for people aged 15 years and over in Greater Sydney (Greater Capital City Statistical Areas) was $719.
- Of occupied private dwellings in Greater Sydney (Greater Capital City Statistical Areas)
- 9% were separate houses
- 0% were semi-detached, row or terrace houses, townhouses etc
- 1% were flat or apartments
- 6% were other dwellings
- 3% had 1 bedroom, 24.8% had 2 bedrooms and 33.8% had 3 bedrooms. The average number of bedrooms per occupied private dwelling was 3
- The average household size was 2.8 people
- 1% were owned outright, 33.2% were owned with a mortgage and 34.1% were rented
- 6% were family households, 21.6% were single person households and 4.7% were group households.
- 1% of occupied private dwellings had one registered motor vehicle garaged or parked at their address, 32.8% had two registered motor vehicles and 15.7% had three or more registered motor vehicles
Can private landlords advertise on realestate.com.au without an agent?
RentBetter is designed to help you find and manage tenants using the RentBetter Platform. Our customers use RentBetter to advertise their property on the major property portals (Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au), and our platform can help with enquiries, applications, tenant checks and lease documents to assist you in finding a high-quality tenant for your property. The RentBetter platform can also help to onboard your tenant to your lease, and automate the process of rent collection, tracking, receipts, maintenance, and reporting.