The Best Way to Advertise a Property on Realestate.com.au & Domain.com.au
This article provides you with the basic steps to list your property or place an ad on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au as a private landlord or property owner. RentBetter offers a low cost and highly effective solution for you to advertise your property so you can find and manage tenants or buyers without using an agent.
The first step is to maximise exposure for your ad to increase visits, enquiries, then convert those to tenants or buyers. There is a pretty simple answer for where to advertise to maximise exposure – on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au.
Using these two sites is like ‘standing on the shoulders of giants’. They have done all the hard work of attracting prospective tenants and buyers to their sites so you can take advantage of the high volume of traffic. There are of course other sites, and even some free ones, but our experience is that they offer a low quality of applicant and low volume of traffic, so it ends up being a waste of time rather than adding any value in this process.
- How do I advertise my property on realestate.com.au?
- Can you advertise property privately on realestate.com.au?
- What is included in a property advertisement?
- How do I decide on the price for my property?
- How do I manage my property without using an agent?
- How can RentBetter.com.au help in the process?
How do I advertise my property on realestate.com.au?
For a one off fee, RentBetter will advertise your property on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. You can advertise a residential property for rent or for sale, or a commercial property for rent. Our customers have been really pleased with the ability to find better quality tenants quickly or get access to buyers, so we’d love to help you out as well.
You can access our service with the following steps:
- Go to RentBetter.com.au and click on ‘get started‘ on the main screen
- Enter an email and password which you should remember as this is how you log back on after if you wish to edit your ad
- On the ‘create your ad’ page enter the property details and upload photos
- Click submit and then you will go to ‘my properties’
- Click on the pay button which will take you to the payment page to enter your credit card details
Can you advertise property privately on realestate.com.au?
Yes! You can use RentBetter to create your property ads and list a rental property on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. Access the same tools and services as an agent, but at a fraction of the cost.
What is included in a property advertisement?
The ad structure is largely determined by the template used by the property sites, but it covers the following components:
- Headline: A short catchy title for the property which highlights its best features e.g. “North bright facing balcony for entertaining”
- Description: The main facts you want the prospective tenant or buyer to know about the property. It doesn’t need to be ‘war and peace’ and you don’t need to go over the top with details
- Price and bond: The weekly rent and amount to be held as bond (generate a report on recent property prices in your area here)
- Date available: When is the property available?
- Dimensions: Property type, bedrooms, bathrooms, parking etc.
- Inspection times: You can set specific times for people to view the property, or leave this blank if you prefer people contact you
- Photos: Because photos are front and centre of your ad, we have dedicated the following blog article to tips and hints on taking photos.
How do I decide on the price for my property?
Increase your market knowledge and find out what similar properties in your area are being offered for rent, with a listing presentation report.
This report helps landlords understand the potential rent for their property and using up to date market data on what to expect when prospective tenants apply for their property including:
- Average weekly rent (and maximum and minimum rent) for a property of this type by suburb
- The difference in rent payable for this property type compared to 12 months ago
- Average time between application date and preferred tenancy for this property type
- Recent comparative rentals and applications by property type
How do I manage my property without using an agent?
Property management is not rocket science. Each state has specific processes and procedures outlined to help you manage your own property. We have outlined ‘The Big 4’ basics to renting out your own property that can be found here.
RentBetter helps to automate many of these processes, but you can start by advertising your property on the major property sites (realestate.com.au and domain.com.au). From there you will receive enquiries and applications, and you can run tenant checks on the short list of applicants to help you select the right tenant. Then use a standard lease agreement to set-up the terms of the lease with your tenant, lodge the bond, complete the condition report and you’re ready to start collecting rent.
RentBetter can help simplify the process using the RentBetter platform. You can set up the terms of your lease and invite your tenant to automate many of the tedious processes related to property management, at the fraction of the cost of a property manager.
How can RentBetter.com.au help in the process?
RentBetter is designed to help you find and manage tenants using the RentBetter Platform. Our customers use RentBetter to advertise their property on the major property portals (Realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au), and our platform can help with enquiries, applications, tenant checks and lease documents to assist you in finding a high-quality tenant for your property. The RentBetter platform can also help to onboard your tenant to your lease, and automate the process of rent collection, tracking, receipts, maintenance, and reporting.